Haywood Regional Medical Center
has positions open in their Nurse Residency Program
- Assists with the transition from new graduate nurse to professional nurse.
- Provides support in developing clinical decision-making abilities.
- Creates a supportive environment where new nurses can build meaningful relationships with their peers.
- Is presented in a variety of educational styles.
New nurses spend 16 weeks of education and orientation developing skills needed to successfully transition into nursing practice such as documentation, patient safety, clinical leadership, and receives hands on education for difficult nursing skills.
Application Deadline is May 15, 2017
Who Can Apply?
New RN Graduates
12 week orientation with classes continuing 4 more times every other week.
- Every Wednesday - 4 hours weekly (8a-12p) of educational time split between HRMC and Harris.
- Week 4-10, 1p-5p orientation to supportive services/other departments
Supportive Services include:
- Wound Care
- Case Management
Fill out application with:
- 3 letters of recommendation- 2 of which is faculty
- Nursing School transcript with a cumulative GPA of 3.0
All application requirements need to be turned in by Deadline- May 15th