Health Insurance Marketplace
Open enrollment begins November 15
Why health insurance? All plans cover*:
- Affordable primary care and pediatrician visits
- Prescription coverage
- Preventive healthcare and screenings
- Emergency room and urgent care visits
- Coverage/treatment for pre-existing medical condition
*You may qualify for access to medical care through the Medicaid program. Plan pricing may vary based on geographic location, age, smoking status, and the number of individuals covered. In addition, premium tax credits may lower premium costs on many Marketplace plans. Talk to our Certified Application Counselors to learn more.
Need Assistance or More Information?
On November 15, you can go directly to the HealthCare.gov website
to enroll or re-enroll. If you need assistance, we can help.
- Call 1-888-982-9144 (toll-free) to make an appointment with a representative. You can get help over the phone or make an appointment to come by the hospital. Our Certified Application Counselors are available Monday –Thursday, 8 a.m.-7 p.m.; Friday, 8 a.m.- 5 p.m.; and Saturdays, 9 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Email us at haywood.CAC@haymed.org. We can schedule an appointment or answer your questions.
Ready to Enroll? What You’ll Need:
Gather the following documents in preparation for determining financial assistance:
- Social Security Numbers (or document numbers for legal immigrants)
- Employer and income information for every member of your household who needs coverage (for example, from pay stubs or W-2 forms—Wage and Tax Statements)
- Policy numbers for any current health insurance plans covering members of your household
- A completed Employer Coverage Tool (click here) for every job-based plan you or someone in your household is eligible for. (You’ll need to fill out this form even for coverage you’re eligible for but don’t enroll in.)
- November 15, 2014. This is your first day to apply for, keep, or change your coverage.
- December 15, 2014. Enroll by December 15 if you want new coverage that begins on January 1, 2015. If your plan is changing or you want to change plans, enroll by December 15 to avoid a lapse in coverage.
- December 31, 2014. The day all 2014 Marketplace coverage ends, no matter when you enrolled. Coverage for 2015 plans can start as soon as January 1, 2015.
- February 15, 2015. The last day you can enroll in 2015 coverage before the end of Open Enrollment.