Our Emergency Department accepts patients 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
If you have an emergency, call 9-1-1.
The Emergency Department at Haywood Regional Medical Center provides the full spectrum of emergency medical care. Team members within our emergency department are specialists in emergency medicine, and the department is staffed with experienced emergency physicians to provide the very best emergency care available.
If you are experience a life-threatening emergency dial 911 or go to the nearest emergency room.
There may be times when it is difficult to know whether an injury or illness requires a trip to the Emergency Department.
According to the American College of Emergency Physicians (ACEP)
Individuals with the following conditions should seek emergency care:
- Difficulty breathing or shortness of breath
- Chest or upper abdominal pain or pressure
- Fainting, sudden dizziness, weakness
- Changes in vision
- Confusion or changes in mental status
- Any sudden or severe pain
- Uncontrolled bleeding
- Severe or persistent vomiting or diarrhea
- Coughing or vomiting blood
- Suicidal feelings
- Difficulty speaking
- Unusual abdominal pain
Parents and caregivers should always seek immediate medical attention if a child is having a medical emergency.
To receive the best care possible as quickly as possible, patients should:
- Bring a list of medications and / or allergies; know how often and how long medications have been taken
- Know your and / or your child’s immunization history
- Remain calm to make it easier to communicate with the emergency tea
Some insurance plans require pre-authorization for emergency room visits. It is best to become familiar with your plan before an emergency arises.
For non-emergent needs when a physician’s office is unavailable, visit a Haywood Regional Urgent Care
- Services A-Z
- Behavioral Health Services
- Haywood Breast Center
- Cancer Services
- Chaplaincy Program
- Emergency Department
- Home Care Services
- Health & Fitness Center
- Hospice & Palliative Care
- Intensive Care Unit (ICU)
- Interventional Pain
- Lung Cancer Screening
- Medical/Surgical Unit (Med Surg)
- Neck & Spine Services
- Nutrition Education
- Occupational Health
- Osteoporosis Center
- Outpatient Surgery
- Primary Care in Haywood County
- Progressive Care Unit (PCU)
- Rehabilitation & Physical Therapy
- Spine Care
- Sports Medicine
- Sports Nutrition Education
- Thoractic & Vascular
- Urgent Care
- Vein Clinic
- Women's Care Center
- Wound Care Center