Haywood Breast Center
Comprehensive and Compassionate Care
Haywood Breast Center’s program is designed to provide each patient with comprehensive and compassionate care. Beyond having state-of-the-art technology for early detection and the most current treatments available for a variety of breast conditions, each patient is viewed as an individual.
Patients who are diagnosed with breast cancer will have access to a patient navigator, a specially trained registered nurse who offers educational and emotional support from the time of diagnosis until recovery. Your navigator is there to assist your family as well. A multidisciplinary case review, involving medical and radiation oncologists, radiologists, pathologists, surgeons and the nurse navigator is conducted for each patient.
Convenient support services include the Cancer Resource Center, support groups and peer counseling.
In addition, the Hereditary Risk Assessment program, is currently offered to all mammography patients. The aim is to provide early detection and prevention of cancer not only for our mammography patients but any patient who may be at risk. The program offers genetic counseling and testing for 28 genes that place a patient at increased risk for breast, ovarian, colon, uterine, gastric, pancreatic, melanoma, and prostate cancers.
Treatment and Expertise
If you are diagnosed with breast cancer, there are comprehensive services available to you right here at home. Working with other area providers, Haywood Regional offers a multidisciplinary approach to your care and will help coordinate your treatment. Working together, oncology physicians and general surgeons will help determine the best course of care for you and determine the treatment that is specific to your diagnosis. You will also be provided the latest information on clinical trials, genetic counseling, multi- gene tumor analysis and testing referrals. Following surgery, a certified physical therapist is available for lymphedema therapy to help minimize arm swelling.
Having expertise in breast care right here at home means there is no need to travel out of Haywood County for the treatment you need.
Convenient support services include the Cancer Resource Center, support groups and peer counseling through the HOPEful Living Cancer Support Group and the Look Good Feel Better class as well as the local professional mastectomy services fitter and lymphedema specialists.
- The HOPEFul Living Cancer Support Group is open to any woman who has experienced cancer. The HOPEFul Living Ladies are a vibrant group of women committed to making the most of life, providing support and encouragement for those fighting cancer and giving back to the community around them.
- In partnership with American Cancer Society, HRMC offers Look Good Feel Better, a class that provides skin and beauty care information to women who are undergoing cancer treatments.
- Those who need a prosthesis or mastectomy bra can be fitted by a professional mastectomy services fitter locally. This service is offered in partnership with Pink Regalia, and most medical insurances will cover the cost of the supplies if a doctor’s prescription is provided. If a wig is needed and you cannot afford one our center will make arrangements for you to come in and be fitted and receive a wig. The Center also offers educational materials and more.
- We do offer lymphedema PT. Following surgery, a certified physical therapist is available for lymphedema therapy to assess and help minimize arm swelling, if this develops. They can teach women how to identify the signs and symptoms of lymphedema so that treatment can be started in a timely way.
Haywood Breast Center
Outpatient Care Center - 2nd Floor
581 Leroy George Drive | Clyde, NC
- Services A-Z
- Ambulatory Infusion
- Behavioral Health Services
- Haywood Breast Center
- Cancer Services
- Cardiac Services
- Chaplaincy Program
- Emergency Department
- Home Care Services
- Health & Fitness Center
- Hospice & Palliative Care
- Intensive Care Unit (ICU)
- Interventional Pain
- Lung Cancer Screening
- Medical/Surgical Unit (Med Surg)
- Nutrition Education
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Occupational Health
- Osteoporosis Center
- Outpatient Surgery
- Primary Care in Haywood County
- Progressive Care Unit (PCU)
- Rehabilitation & Physical Therapy
- Spine Care
- Sports Medicine
- Sports Nutrition Education
- Thoracic & Vascular
- Urgent Care
- Vein Center
- Women's Care Center
- Wound Care Center