Coronavirus (COVID-19) Preparedness Information Learn More
Haywood Regional Health & Fitness Center Announces Reopening October 5, 2020
September 30, 2020
Following a phased reopening plan, the Haywood Regional Health & Fitness Center (HRHFC) is pleased to announce it will reopen (some services limited) to the public October 5, 2020. Opening hours will be Monday – Friday 5:30 am – 12 pm and 2 pm – 8 pm and Saturday 7 am – 3 pm. The facility is closed on Sundays.
“We’ve been working hard to prepare for this day, and we’re so excited to welcome back our members and guests,” shared Scotty Setser, HRHFC Director. During the initial public phase, visitors to the Fitness Center will encounter new COVID-19 precautions designed to keep people safe.
Overall COVID-19 regulations:
- Occupancy will be limited to 30% capacity. If the limit is reached, patrons will be asked to wait to enter the facility.
- All patrons will be screened upon entry, with temperatures taken. Any individual not meeting entry requirements will be denied entry, and referred to further medical care.
- All patrons must maintain safe social distancing of six feet or more at all times.
- All patrons must wear masks/face coverings at all times.
- Maximum user time limit is 75 minutes per person.
- Pool is available for lap swimming only.
- All users are expected to participate in upholding the sanitation of the facility by:
- wiping down each piece of equipment or station used;
- washing hands frequently
Amenities not available in current phase:
- Fitness classes (will be rolled out slowly)
- Gym not available for pickup basketball/rec games
- Racquetball courts
- Therapy pool
- Sauna/steam rooms
The gym reopened to HRMC employees last week, as both a way to test protocols and receive feedback from medical staff. The Fitness Center has already undergone important planning to reopen safely, including tagging machines to maintain social distancing and heightened cleaning protocols. The second floor air system has been completely replaced, allowing for better temperature regulation and airflow.
If you have further questions, call the Haywood Regional Health and Fitness Center at 828.452.8080. For more details and FAQs about new COVID-19 protocols, visit https://www.myhaywoodregional.com/locations/haywood-regional-health-fitness-center.