James St. Ville, MD
Pre Med/Pre Engineering Undergraduate Sc hool
1975-1978 St . Mary's University, San Antonio, TX, BA in Biology
1978-1980, 1982-1984 University of Oklahoma Health Science Center, Oklahoma City, OK, Doctorate of Medicine, MD Degree
1980-1982 University of California, San Diego, CA, MS in Bioengineering
Trained under Anthony Hedley, M.D.
Fellowship was a one year specialized training in: Artificial Joint Surgery and Adult Reconstruction
• Walter G. Burl Award, Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Laboratory (Physics Paper of the Year Bioengineering Project)
• MSC Finite Element Mathematics World User Competition winner (Orthopedic Bioengineering Project)
• ASME Lifetime Achievement Award for Bioengineering
• John Benien Award recipient (Award for Sportsmanship, Courage, and Valor)
• Cascia Hall Medalist recipient. (Award for Academic Excellence and Leadership)
• Honorary: Summa Cum Laude (G.P. A 3.99)
• Awarded NIH Traineeship, to study under Y.C. Fung at University of California, San Diego in Bioengineering
• William Stewart Halsted General Surgery Fellow
• Alfred Blalock Orthopaedic Surgery Fellow
• Named Chief of Orthopaedic Surgery and Department Heads of a) Artificial Joint Surgery & Adult Reconstruction, and, b) Trauma Surgery at Richmond University Medical Center, Staten Island, NY.
Selection of a health care provider is a personal choice. Most or all of the health care providers performing services in this Hospital are independent contractors who have privileges to practice at the Hospital but they are not Hospital employees, representatives or agents. This includes but is not limited to radiologists, pathologists, emergency physicians, anesthesiologists, hospitalists, surgeons and others. Independent contractors are responsible for their own actions and the Hospital is not liable for the acts or omissions of any such independent contractors.
If understanding the relationship between your Health Care Provider and this Hospital is important to you, you may ask your Health Care Provider.