Coronavirus (COVID-19) Preparedness Information Learn More
Sports Nutrition and Wellness
Sports nutrition and wellness education is also available in the Nutrition Education Program. We have a dietitian on staff that is a certified specialist in sports nutrition who can help you understand how to fuel your body for optimal performance for your sport or exercise goals. Athletes and active individuals alike need an eating strategy to support their training, ensure proper hydration, reduce recovery time and keep them healthy.
Individual and group consultations are available for:
- Competitive athletes
- Recreational athletes
- Adolescent athletes
What is a sports dietitian?
The Board Certification as Specialist in Sports Dietetics (CSSD) credential is the premier professional sports nutrition credential in the U.S. The individual has to have been a registered dietitian for at least 2 years and complete a minimum of 1,500 practice hours before passing the examination.
Top Ten Reasons to Consult a Board Certified Specialist in Sports Dietetics:
- You want to improve exercise or sports performance.
- You want to gain muscle mass or lose body fat.
- You want to gain muscular strength and power.
- You want to increase stamina and endurance.
- You want ideas for food to eat before, during, and after exercise or sport.
- You want to choose the best fluids to drink before, during, and after exercise or sport.
- You want to make better food choices and need ideas for buying and preparing food.
- You have food allergies or intolerances and want to know the best choices for your condition and how food and medicine interact.
- You experience gastrointestinal problems that keep you from performing at your best and you seek solutions.
- You are an athlete who has a medical condition, e.g., diabetes, cardiovascular risk factors, compromised bone health, abnormal iron status, food allergies, or gastrointestinal problems such as gluten sensitivity, and you want nutrition guidance and a personal meal plan.
- Ambulatory Infusion
- Behavioral Health Services
- Cancer Services
- Cardiac Services
- Emergency Room
- Haywood Medical Spa
- Health & Fitness Center
- Home Care Services
- Hospice and Palliative Care
- Interventional Pain
- Lung Care
- Nutrition Education
- Occupational Health
- Pediatric Care
- Primary Care
- Plastic Surgery
- Rehabilitation & Physical Therapy
- Sleep Medicine
- Spine Care
- Sports Medicine
- Surgical Services
- Urgent Care
- Vein Center
- Women's Care
- Wound Care