Current Visitation Information
At Haywood Regional Medical Center, our top priority is safeguarding the health and wellbeing of our patients, providers, employees and community. We continue to closely monitor the prevalence of coronavirus (COVID-19) in our community and follow state and federal guidance as we adapt our operations to safely care for and support our patients.
Updated visitor guidelines as of June 1, 2023:
- Visitation Hours: 9 am - 9 pm
- One (1) overnight visitor allowed for most patients.
- Masking is optional within the hospital and practices. Masking may be necessary in certain clinical (patient care) areas to prevent viral transmission from occurring.
- Patients may request staff wear masks.
- Visitors must remain in patient’s room during visit.
- Note that if visitors do not comply with the stated rules and/or cause disruptions, they may be asked to leave.
- See below for exceptions to above visitation guidelines.
- Emergency Room: One visitor per patient
- Intensive Care Unit: Two visitors at a time; No overnight visitors; No children under the age of 18
- Women’s Care: Laboring mothers may only have two support people in room during delivery.
- Behavioral Health Unit: Rotating visitation available. See below for days/times per room
number. More details available HERE.
Increased safety measures do NOT mean that you cannot access the hospital or your providers. Please seek medical care as needed. And if you are concerned you may be experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, call your provider in advance of going to his or her office. Of course, if you are experiencing a medical emergency, call 911 or go to the emergency room.
Haywood Regional Medical Center values the trust our community places in us, and we appreciate your understanding as we shift our visitation policies during this time.