- I would like to apply for a position but I don’t see one that meets my qualifications. What do I do?
To be considered for employment, an online application must be completed for a specific position. If you do not see a position that meets your needs and qualifications, please continue to check our listings as they are updated daily.
- I would like to turn in a resume to express my interest in the available position. Can I submit it without filling out the online application?
To ensure we have all appropriate information on each applicant, we do require a completed online application to be considered for any position at Haywood Regional Medical Center. We do encourage applicants to attach their resume to our online application form.
- How will I know the status of my application?
When you complete an online application, you will receive an automated response letting you know that your application has been received and a Human Resources representative will contact you if you have been selected for an interview.
- What if I forget my username or password?
If you have forgotten your password, click on “Forgot User Name or Password”. Enter the requested information and your information will be sent to the e-mail address on your application. Please note that our Human Resources staff will not be able to provide you with your password.
- Should I complete a new application for each additional job?
There is no need to complete an additional profile, as our system allows you to update your profile or apply for additional jobs at any time by logging in as a returning applicant.
- How long do you keep an application on file?
Online applications are kept in our system for at least one year.
- How can I receive more information on positions posted?
Most of our information regarding our positions is on our website, but you can call our main Human Resources number at (828) 452-8290 and we will be happy to assist you.
- What happens to my application once it’s been completed?
Applications will be reviewed within 24 hours by Human Resources personnel.
- Who makes the hiring decision?
The hiring decision is made jointly between the department manager and Human Resources.
- Do I need to call or come in every week to check on my application?
No, once you have selected a position you would like to be considered for, your application remains active for six months. If you are selected for an interview, you will be contacted by phone or e-mail. However, if you would like to add a different position to your application, make address or phone number changes, or add references, we suggest you come in and update the information.
- Is my application considered for all positions that I have just applied for and even future positions that come available and are similar?
Yes, Human Resources generates a report in order to consider those who have applied for that position or a position in the same category.
- Do I have to fill in all the work history information if I have a resume?
Yes, the application instructions state that the application must be completed in its entirety to be considered. Starting with present employer (or most recent) list all experience and account for all time in last 10 years. Some of the information needed to do thorough employment verification is generally not listed on resumes.