Coronavirus (COVID-19) Preparedness Information Learn More
Take the next STEP!
Our physician referred exercise program is designed to help you achieve your goals.
Whether you have special medical needs or just need to jumpstart healthy habits, Haywood Regional Health & Fitness Center’s STEP program is a great place to start. Ask your doctor for a referral today.
STEP is focused on individuals with chronic medical conditions who need to integrate exercise and weight management into their treatment program to successfully manage their health. Examples include: heart and lung disease, diabetes, cancer recovery, bone and joint conditions, obesity and general deconditioning.
STEP is a guided introduction to exercise that includes the following:
• Physical therapy evaluation to ensure you are ready to exercise–this is billed to your insurance
• Evaluation with exercise physiologist to develop your program
• 60-day membership for $60
• Two training sessions per week in small groups with exercise specialists
• Nutrition education
• Full Fitness Center access
• Unlimited group exercise classes, including water exercise,
tai chi, restorative yoga and many more
• Use of indoor aquatics center with heated therapy pool
Enrolling in STEP is easy!
Print the STEP referral form using the link or document on this page and take it to your physician for his or her signature.
We are also happy to fax your form to your medical provider for you.
Want more information about STEP?
Email us and we'll be in touch!
- Facility Search
- Haywood Regional Health & Fitness Center
- Outpatient Care Center
- The Homestead
- Urgent Care